Lachit Borphukan was an Indian military general who served under the Ahom king Swargadeo Pramatta Singha. He is best remembered for leading the defense of Assam against the invading forces of the Mughal Empire during the Battle of Saraighat in 1671.
Lachit Borphukan was born into a noble family of the Borphukan clan in present-day Assam. His grandfather, Sarugopal Borphukan, had been a prominent figure in the Ahom court and had served as the governor of Upper Assam.
Lachit Borphukan began his military career at a young age, serving under Swargadeo Pramatta Singha in various campaigns against rebels and neighboring kingdoms. He quickly rose through the ranks and was appointed as the Commander-in-Chief of the Ahom army in 1669.
In 1671, the Mughal Empire invaded Assam in an attempt to conquer the kingdom. Lachit Borphukan led the Ahom army against them and inflicted a crushing defeat upon them in the Battle of Saraighat. Here are 10 lines on Lachit Borphukan:
10 lines on Lachit Borphukan
- Lachit Borphukan was a commander of the Ahom kingdom in present-day Assam, India.
- He is considered to be one of the greatest heroes in Assamese history.
- Lachit was born into a noble family.
- He is best known for his role in leading the defense of Assam against the Mughal invasion in 1671.
- Lachit was born into a royal family of the Ahom kingdom and was educated at a young age in military strategy and warfare.
- He quickly rose through the ranks of the Ahom army and was appointed as the commander-in-chief by King Swargadeo Chakradhwaj Singha.
- In 1671, Lachit led the Ahom army to victory against the much larger and better-equipped Mughal forces in the Battle of Saraighat.
- Lachit is revered as a hero in Assam and is considered one of the greatest generals in Indian history.
- His statue has been installed at many places across Assam, including at the Sarusajai Stadium in Guwahati.
- He is still revered as a national hero and is an inspiration to many people in Assam today.
Also read: 10 lines on ishwar chandra vidyasagar
He successfully held off the Mughal forces for nine months, before finally defeating them in a decisive battle. Lachit’s victory was a significant moment in Assamese history and helped preserve the kingdom’s independence. The victory ensured the safety of Assam from further Mughal invasions. Lachit Borphukan’s heroic actions made him a celebrated figure in Assam. He is still revered as one of the greatest heroes of Assam and India.
Here is the short note on lachit borphukan
Essay on Lachit Borphukan In English
Lachit Borphukan was a famous military leader in the 17th century who is best known for his victory against the invading forces of the Mughal Empire. He was born into a royal family of the Kingdom of Koch, in present-day Assam, and began his military career at a young age.
He quickly rose through the ranks and became one of the most respected generals in the kingdom. When the Mughals invaded Assam in 1667, Lachit Borphukan was tasked with leading the defense against them. He successfully repelled their initial attacks and then went on to lead a series of counterattacks that drove them out of Assam.
His victory is considered one of the most significant in Indian history, as it halted the expansion of the Mughal Empire and safeguarded Assam from further invasion. Lachit Borphukan’s fame rests not only on his military successes, but also on his character. He was known for his honesty, loyalty, and compassion, as well as his dedication to his kingdom and its people.
He remains an iconic figure in Assam today, and is celebrated as one of its greatest heroes.