Check 10 Lines on Lata Mangeshkar here and learn more about Lata Mangeshkar. One of India’s most well-known and revered playback singers was Lata Mangeshkar. Mangeshkar’s career started in 1942 and she has recorded songs for over a thousand Hindi films. Her voice has been described as “honeyed” and “soothing”. She is also known for her versatility, having sung songs in over twenty different languages. Mangeshkar was born into a family of musicians in 1929 in Indore, Madhya Pradesh. Here are 10 lines on Lata Mangeshkar in english:
10 Lines on Lata Mangeshkar
- Mangeshkar was born on September 28, 1929, in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- She was Indian playback vocalist and music producer Lata Mangeshkar.
- She is one of India’s most well-known and esteemed playback singers.
- She has performed songs in more than 36 different regional Indian languages and has recorded songs for more than a thousand Hindi films.
- Her father, Pandit Deenanath Mangeshkar, was a classical singer and her mother Shevanti had been a singer in her own right.
- Lata was the eldest of five children.
- Mangeshkar began her singing career at the age of thirteen with the Marathi film Kiti Hasaal (1942).
- Her first Hindi film song was for the film Aap Ki Seva Mein (1946).
- She went on to sing hundreds of songs in Hindi films.
- Mangeshkar has won many awards throughout her career, including the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian honor, in 2001.
Also read: 10 Lines on Savitribai Phule in English
Short Essay On Lata Mangeshkar In English
Lata Mangeshkar is considered to be one of the greatest playback singers in the history of Hindi cinema. She has sung songs in over a thousand Bollywood movies and has been awarded the Padma Bhushan, India’s third-highest civilian award, and the Padma Vibhushan, India’s second-highest civilian award.
In 2001, she was honored with the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award.Mangeshkar was born in 1929 in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, into a Marathi family of eight children. Deenanath Mangeshkar, her father, was a theatrical performer and classical vocalist. Her mother Shevanti had died when Lata was only five years old.
Lata started singing at an early age and made her debut as a playback singer in the film “Aap Ki Seva Mein”, which was released in 1945. She went on to sing songs in many other films including “Mother India” (1957), “Padosan” (1968), and “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham” (2001). Mangeshkar has also recorded songs for many non-film albums and compilations. Some of her popular non-film songs include “Ae Mere Watan Ke Logon”, “Chalte Chalte Yunhi Koi”, and “Dil Dil Hai”.