Shivaji Maharaj was a famous Maratha ruler who founded the Maratha Empire. He was born in 1627 to Shahaji Raje Bhosale, a Maratha general, and Jijabai. Shivaji Maharaj was raised by his mother in the Hindu tradition and taught the importance of religion, honor, and independence. He also learned different kinds of military tactics from his father. Shivaji Maharaj used guerrilla warfare to great effect against the larger armies of the Mughal Empire and other opponents. He also built a strong navy which helped him control the coastal areas of India. Shivaji Maharaj was crowned as the first Chhatrapati (King) of the Maratha Empire in 1674. He died in 1680 but his legacy continues even today. Here are shivaji maharaj essay in english 10 lines:
Shivaji Maharaj Essay in English 10 Lines
- Shivaji Maharaj was a great Maratha ruler.
- He fought against the Mughals and established the Maratha Empire.
- He was born in the Shivneri Fort in 1627 and was named after the Hindu god Shiva.
- His father Shahaji Raje Bhosale was a general in the army of the Adilshahi sultanate of Bijapur.
- Shivaji Maharaj’s mother Jijabai was a pious woman who had a great influence on her son.
- As a child, Shivaji Maharaj was tutored by Dadoji Konddeo, a Brahmin priest who instilled in him the importance of religion and military tactics.
- Shivaji Maharaj began his military career by capturing forts from the Bijapur sultanate and then from the Mughals.
- He also carried out guerilla warfare against both these empires, using hit-and-run tactics to great effect.
- Under his rule, the Maratha Empire reached its height, extending from Karnataka in the south to Delhi in the north.
- Shivaji Maharaj was a great administrator and introduced many reforms to improve the functioning of his empire.
- He was crowned Chhatrapati, or “King of Kings”, in 1674 and died four years later at Raigad Fort.
Also read: 8 to 10 Lines on Bhagat Singh in English
Few Lines on Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was a generous and courageous king.
- He founded the Maratha Empire.
- He was born on February 19, 1627 in Shivneri, Maharashtra.
- Since boyhood, Chhatrapati Shivaji had been brave.
- He liked to play war games and seize the fort as a youngster.
- Shahji Bhonsle was his father’s name, and Jijabai Bhonsle was his mother’s.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji’s mother was deeply devout.
- As a result, Shivaji was deeply religious.
- Shivaji had a firm belief in Hinduism, in which he had unshakeable confidence.
- Shivaji Maharaj was tolerant of all beliefs.