1. Hot Pink Theme: The movie prominently features fluorescent Barbie Pink, and Margot Robbie encouraged the cast to wear pink every Wednesday, imposing fines for those who didn't, which were donated to charity.
2. Margot Robbie's Unexpected Role: Originally a producer, Margot Robbie stepped in as Barbie when Gal Gadot couldn't commit, as Robbie's production company owned the rights.
3. Ryan Gosling as Ken: Ryan Gosling was specifically chosen to portray Ken by writer-director Greta Gerwig and Robbie herself.
4. Homage to "2001: A Space Odyssey": The film's opening scene pays homage to "2001: A Space Odyssey," with a giant Barbie symbolizing her evolving world.
5. Virtual Reality Driving: Virtual reality technology allowed Margot Robbie to drive hands-free on set, adding realism to scenes.
6. Life-sized Barbie Ambulance: A life-sized replica of a toy ambulance appears when Ken has a surfing accident, complete with an operating room.
7. Eco-conscious Characters: Barbie and Ken drive electric vehicles and highlight environmental conservation, with Barbie's Dreamhouse mailbox also being an electric charging station.
8. "The Wizard of Oz" Parallel: Similar to "The Wizard of Oz," the movie follows Barbie's journey of self-discovery, with Barbie taking a Pink Brick Road.
9. Margot Robbie's Stunts: Margot Robbie performed her own stunts, including the iconic Barbie foot sequence and jumping off Barbie's Dreamhouse roof.
10. Reference to "The Creation of Adam": A scene involving Barbie's creator touching her hand mirrors the moment of God giving life to the first man in Michelangelo's painting "The Creation of Adam."