Today, we will check 10 Lines On Raigad Fort In English. After this, we will continue to read the paragraph on Raigad fort or the essay on Raigad fort.
Raigad fort is a hill fort situated in the Raigad district of Maharashtra, India. The fort was built by Shivaji Maharaj in 1656 and served as the capital of the Maratha Empire until 1707.
Now, check 10 lines on Raigad fort in English. Then check the paragraph on Raigad fort.
10 Lines On Raigad Fort In English
- Raigad Fort is a hill fort situated in the Raigad district of Maharashtra, India.
- The fort was built by Shivaji Maharaj in 1656 and served as the capital of the Maratha Empire during his reign.
- Raigad Fort is located at an elevation of 2,700 feet (823 m) above sea level and offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
- The fort has a number of well-preserved palaces and temples and is a popular tourist destination.
- Raigad Fort was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2007.
- The fort is open to visitors from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily.
- Admission to the fort costs Rs. 100 for Indians and Rs. 500 for foreigners.
- Raigad Fort can be reached by road or rail from Mumbai, Pune, or Kolhapur.
- The nearest airport is Mumbai International Airport, located about 120 km away from the fort.
- The fort also has a number of temples, including the Maha Darwaja.
|Also Read: 10 lines On Golconda Fort
Paragraph On Raigad Fort (Or Essay On Raigad Fort)
In the Indian state of Maharashtra’s Raigad district stands the hill fort known as Raigad. The fort was constructed by Shivaji Maharaj in 1656 and housed the Maratha Empire’s capital until 1707.
The fort is located at an elevation of 2,300 feet (700 m) above sea level and offers a stunning view of the surrounding area. It is one of the largest forts in India and covers an area of approximately 2 square kilometers.
The fort has a number of important historical monuments. It includes the Rajmachi point, which used by Shivaji Maharaj to keep an eye on the movements of the Mughal army.
The fort also has a number of temples, including the Maha Darwaja. It considered to be the site where Shivaji Maharaj was crowned as the first Maratha king.