Swami Vivekananda was a world-renowned spiritual leader who is credited with reviving Hinduism in India and introducing the religion to the Western world. He is also known for his work in social reform and his efforts to promote interfaith dialogue. Vivekananda’s teachings and writings continue to inspire people around the world, and he is considered one of the most influential figures in modern Hinduism. Here are 10 lines on Swami Vivekananda in English:
10 Lines on Swami Vivekananda In English
- Swami Vivekananda was an Indian philosopher and religious leader who founded the Ramakrishna Mission.
- He is considered one of the most influential figures in the history of modern India.
- Vivekananda was born in Calcutta on 12 January 1863, into a Bengali family.
- He was the eldest son of Vishwanath Datta, a lawyer, and Bhuvaneshwari Devi, a homemaker.
- Vivekananda studied Vedanta and other Hindu scriptures under Ramakrishna Paramahamsa.
- He became a disciple of Ramakrishna in 1885 and traveled with him throughout India.
- After Ramakrishna’s death in 1886, Vivekananda became one of the main leaders of the Ramakrishna Mission.
- He spent nine years in America and Europe, preaching Hinduism and lecturing on Vedanta philosophy.
- Vivekananda returned to India in 1897 and established the Belur Math near Kolkata.
- He died on 4 July 1902 at the age of 39 in Chennai after suffering from appendicitis surgery complications.
Also read: 10 lines on Lachit Borphukan In English
Short Essay on Swami Vivekananda In English
Swami Vivekananda was one of the most influential spiritual leaders of the nineteenth century. Born in India in 1863, he came to be known as the “Greatest Sannyasin of Modern Times.” Vivekananda is credited with bringing Hinduism to the West and helping to revive interest in yoga and meditation in India. His teachings have inspired many people to lead more meaningful lives. Swami Vivekananda was an Indian Hindu monk and one of the most influential spiritual leaders of the nineteenth century. He was a key figure in the introduction of Vedanta and Yoga in Europe and the United States. Vivekananda founded the Ramakrishna Mission, which is now one of the largest social service organizations in India. His teachings have inspired many people, including Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.